MGMT 422 - Management of Multinational Business - Selected Sources for Country-Management Audit Project
This assignment guide was compiled to assist students in locating research sources for Dr. Hoffman's Country-Management Audit team project. The audit involves analyzing a country's social, cultural, economic and political environment, as well as determining the management practices that are likely to be successful for operating an organization in that particular country.
This guide focuses on suggested strategies and best places to begin research efforts. Explore resources for:
- Country Analysis - Start with Recommended Sources and fill in the gaps with More Sources. Know that some of these resources may lead to information on Management Practices, so be on the lookout!
- Find Articles - Use this page for recommendations on searching Blackwell Library's databases and catalog for periodicals and articles related to culture and management information for specific countries.
- Find Books - Check out circulating titles related to your course and assignment from Blackwell Library. Learn about Direct Borrowing from other institutions within our system or learn about requesting the book from libraries world wide through Interlibrary Loan (ILL).
- Internet Sources - Recommendations of Multinational Business Portals that act as guides within themselves and can support this guide further. Also, recommendations for finding maps. Remember to always evaluate a website to make sure it is a valid source for your research needs!
Throughout your research, you may want to refer to some of Blackwell Library's Guides & Handouts. Some general guides that might be of particular interest to you include:
- Citation Style Guide & Preventing Plagiarism
- Guide for Students
- Finding Library Materials
- Finding Research Sources
More guides are mentioned on the pages they relate to.
For further information and assistance in using any of the sources mentioned throughout this guide, please contact me. My prefered method of contact is email at firstname.lastname@example.org, but please feel free to call me on my office line 410-548-3899 or stop by BL 128.